Tuesday, April 1, 2014

3 A.M

I should be sleep but I can't seem to fall... Prayed awhile, closed my eyes, tossed turned only to get frustrated. I started thinking of so much, like the fact that my alarm will sound in 3 hrs and I haven't slept at all tonight and there's an 8 hr day ahead of me. Normally I'd stress but instead I prayed and decided now is a good time to write. Listening to the rain and feeling at peace with how far I've come in a years time. Life can get rough but I'm learning that we need the rain and those rough moments in order to grow. Yes we appreciate sunshine and we should enjoy it but rainy days and stormy seasons help us to grow. If not for those lonely days, nights, disappointments and heartache I could have never sympathized with those who are lost or hurting. I've noticed that a lot of people lack compassion for those who are going through especially if they've never been through that ordeal. People tend to compare struggles or tell people to get over things without fully understanding that no one can just "get over" something. If life were that easy then people wouldn't mask their hurt with drugs, sex or alcohol... They wouldn't constantly jump from relationship to relationship looking for something or someone to fill the void if they could simply get "over it." God has definitely helped me to get over something's but when I attempted to do so on my own I failed everytime. We spend too much time advising people on letting go, moving on but we lack compassion and don't have a solution as to how they should get over. We see people going through, we pray for them occasionally but sometimes we fail to pray about how to help them get through. We ask God to help them and we avoid getting involved... Are we not his hands and feet?  Are we not his instruments??  We get uncomfortable and we pretend that we don't see their hurt... We pray and say God will fix it! Yes he will but he just might be using you to help fix the situation, he might be using you to encourage and uplift. I believe that he sends people to us so that we can help show them the way because often times the only way they'll see Christ is through you. Eyes are heavy finally. Until we meet again be blessed! 

❤️CDJ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment